Quarterly exhibitions are themed presentations with accompanying auxiliary programming. The theme for 2008 is Globalization: Response and Responsibility. There are four exhibitions that deal with the topics and their effect on the Filipino community both locally and globally. In addition, we have an annual I-Hotel commemoration exhibit.
You do not have to be Filipino to submit a proposal, but artwork should directly relate to the year's theme and the Filipino experience. We also have a slot for a solo exhibition in December for a promising Filipino artist whose work fits our mission. Our exhibitions for 2008 and tentative dates are:
1. Capitalist Greed and Poverty; Jan 26-Mar 1
2. Women’s Issues: Labor, domestic workers, sex trafficking; Mar 8-May 3
3. Western Ideas/Colonial Mentality; May 12-July 19
4. I-Hotel Commemoration; July 26-Sept 6
5. Cultural Appropriation & Assimilation; Sept 13-Nov 15
6. Solo Exhibition; Nov 22-Dec 31
If you are interested in submitting your work for consideration for the 2008 exhibition, please contact us at email@example.com. Proposals should be received two months before the opening date. The committee meets monthly to review.